Sunday, September 9, 2012

31DC Day 3: Yellow (+ Half-Moons Tutorial)

So originally, Day 3 of the 31DC for me was supposed to be September the 3rd, and I am trying to catch up as much as I can. The prompt is yellow. Most people don't think yellow is a good color to polish nails, but I actually loved how this one turned out! I was so surprised with these results, and it was my first time doing half-moons :) loved it.

I started off with a base of NYC French White Tip.



Then, for the half-moons, I took a reinforcement for paper and used it on the bottom part of my nail (like I would do in a scotch-tape mani).



Paint the next color, Claire's Yellow Brick Road, over the top part (above the reinforcement).


Take it off before the newly applied polish has time to dry, and voila!




After, just take your favorite topcoat, mine is Seche Vite, to make your nails more smooth and shiny.




3 comments: