Monday, September 24, 2012

31DC Day 5: Blue ( + Cloud Mani Tutorial)

Today is 24 September 2012, and the 24th day of the 31 day challenge. I am wayyyy behind, I just got so caught up with school and birthday parties and picnics, I haven't had time to post!
Sorry!

But, anyway day 5's prompt is blue. I chose to do a cloud mani, and I loved the results! It was my first time doing this, and I'm happy I chose this design. The tutorial I looked at is from Jane at Nailside.

I started off with 2 bases of NYC Empire State Blue.



I love the shimmer in this polish!



Using NYC French White Tip take a regular polish brush and make one stroke at the edge of your nail. Make sure it's rounded towards your cuticle.


Then, make two more smaller strokes next to each other.



Take a different color and, after the white has dried a little, do the same thing with the strokes. I used Orly Le Chateau.




Top it all off with Seche Vite and voila! Love love love how it turned out! Although I expected the navy to be a bit lighter.


This polish came with the cutest little file! I had to show this to you guys :)

No comments:

Post a Comment